What is a personal injury claim?
A personal injury claim is an action brought by a person who has been injured due to the negligence or wrongful act of another person, business or public entity. The purpose of a personal injury claim is to provide compensation to the person who has been injured.
This compensation covers not only medical expenses, loss of wages and out of pocket expenses associated with the injury, but it also covers the pain and suffering associated with the injury. In severe injury cases, compensation may also cover future medical expenses, future economic losses and loss of consortium.
There are numerous types of accidents or circumstances that may give rise to a personal injury case. Common examples would include:
- Motor vehicle or motorcycle accidents *
- Boating or aircraft accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Accidents caused by defective vehicles, machinery or products
- Animal attacks
- Accidents caused by dangerous premises
- Injuries caused by medical negligence
- Accidents caused by government employees or public entities
* Baker and Marcus will assist the injured person with the handling of their vehicle damage claim at no extra charge.